Academic Standards & Quality Office
The Academic Standards and Quality Office (ASQO) provides advice, direction and compliance implementation for the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (HESA), the Education Services for Overseas Students Act (ESOS) and ANU Policy, Procedures and Rules.
Specific responsibilities include:
- providing advice on academic policies and procedures;
- ensuring compliance with student visa regulations;
- registration of ANU programs for CRICOS;
- administration of US Financial Aid;
- timetabling, and allocation of space resources for teaching and learning activities;
- reporting of education activities to the Commonwealth;
- administration of student appeals, coordination of development and review of academic rules, policies and procedures;
- maintenance of curriculum information in the student administration system and on Programs & Courses;
- liaison with Commonwealth departments and authorities on student, education and regulation matters.